The function of the Library Advisory Committee is to support the functioning of the library so that it can facilitate the library development plans by advocating the library development activities with the management. This to act as a channel of communication and dialogue between the Library System and its users. The Committee’s main objective is to aid in the establishment of a bridge between the Library and the academic fraternity and the institute management. The Library Advisory Committee (LAC) is to be appointed by the Director of the Institution.
Terms of Reference for LAC:
1. To provide general direction to the Library
2. To review, rewrite and approve library procurement policy
3. To formulate the policy for library use and procedure to be framed
4. To outline the library collection development policy as and when required, for its implementation.
5. To monitor and evaluate, from time to time, trends and developments in information technologies, networking, library automation, library cooperation etc., and to direct the library in their adoption.
6. To formulate action plan for the development of library human resource, infrastructure, facilities, products and services.
7. Any other function as assigned by the higher authorities
8. The LAC would meet at least once in Three months to review the library affairs
9. Minutes of the meeting shall be recorded and circulated to all members for consideration and approval.